Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. Your Web browser software transmits most of this information to us. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the Vermont.gov Portal. Our software can then map these IP addresses into Internet domain names, for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access Vermont.gov Portal.
- The date and time you access Vermont.gov.
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents.
- If you linked to stagecoach-rides.org from another Web site, the address of that Web site. Your Web browser software transmits this information to us.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.