Volunteer Opportunities

Become a Volunteer Driver


Do you have a reliable car, good driving record and clean background checks?  You have neighbors who have no transportation of their own.  We need your help to drive them to medical appointments, to buy food and to access other critical services.  As a volunteer driver you will connect friends, support independence and promote healthy living.  Generous mileage reimbursement provided as well as supplemental insurance.  Volunteer drivers are the backbone of this program and get a lift from helping others!

To volunteer:

Call, e-mail or stop by for a visit with your local volunteer coordinator if you would like to learn more about the program before joining, or complete and submit an application to your nearest region.


  • ADDISON REGION - Amy Buxton

Tel(802)388-2287 | abuxton@trivalleytransit.org | 297 Creek Road in Middlebury



Tel(802)728-3773 | clarson@trivalleytransit.org | 1 L Street in Randolph


Fill out a volunteer driver application and return it to your local volunteer coordinator.  Volunteer driver applications can be downloaded here or picked up in person.

REFER A FREIND PROGRAM - If a friend in the organization has referred you, be sure to mention them by name and you will each be eligible to receive a bonus of $150 after you have been cleared to drive and have provided rides for three months.

Call us:


Find us: 

297 Creek Road, Middlebury, VT 05753


Title VI of the Civil Rights Act

TVT operates its programs and services without regard to race, color and national origin as stipulated in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you feel you have been discriminated against based on your race, color or national origin, you may file a complaint with the TVT Title VI Officer at (802)388-2287 for Addison County or at (802)728-3773 for Orange or Northern Windsor Counties.  You also have the right to file a complaint with the Vermont Agency of Transportation at (802)249-9291. For more information about your Title VI rights, please visit vtrans.vermont.gov/civil-rights/compliance/titlevi or call (802)249-9291.


Vermont State Public Accommodation Law

9V.S.A. 4502 (a) Public accommodations states an owner or operator of a place of public accommodation or an agent or employee of such owner or operator shall not, because of the race, creed, color, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity of any person, refuse, withhold from, or deny to that person any of the accommodations, advantages, facilities, and privileges of the place of public accommodation.

If you feel you have been discriminated against, you may file a complaint with Vermont Human Rights Commission by calling 800-416-2010 or by email at human.rights@vermont.gov

ADA Reasonable Modification Policy:

​In accordance with FTA 49 CFR, Parts 27 and 37, Tri-Valley Transit (TVT), doing business as ACTR and Stagecoach, is committed to ensuring a reliable, accessible experience for all customers.  All requests for reasonable modifications to TVT programs and services will be considered on an individual basis.  Please note that TVT may be unable to accommodate requests for reasonable modifications which would result in a fundamental alteration to the nature of TVT programs and services, or which would directly interfere with the health and safety of others.  In the event that a barrier to access exists, but the requested modification cannot be granted, TVT will, to the maximum extent possible, assist in determining an alternate reasonable modification to provide equivalent access to its programs and services.

For more information on TVT's reasonable modification and the procedures to file a request or complaint, contact TVT at (802)388-2287, TDD 711, info@actr-vt.org, or at our administrative office at 297 Creek Road, Middlebury, VT 05753.